With winter season in full swing sometimes it can be difficult to keep on track with healthy eating and living. After a recent shoot with the lovely Olivia from The Hungry Cook we couldn’t help but recreate this delicious Mexican styled pizza she created using our Fancier Sourdough Pizza Bases. Check out our recipe recreation below! Packed with delicious and warming ingredients to keep you satisfied through winter without all of the guilt.
As always, we love to see your own creations! So don’t forget to tag us on Facebook, Instagram or even email them to us at email@example.com
Mexican Style Sourdough Pizza Recipe
- Gluten Freedom Fancier Sourdough Pizza Base
- Tomato Paste (try find one with no hidden nasties or preservatives)
- Sliced red onion
- Sliced capsicum
- Grated cheese (keep the recipe vegan by using a dairy free cheese – we like Zenzo’s Dairy Free Cheddar)
- Pulled Pork (make it how you like – we like the pulled pork included in this recipe by Nadia Lim) (keep the pizza vegan by substituting pulled pork for pulled jackfruit – check out this recipe by Bite)
- Fresh chillies
- Fresh coriander
1. Start by preheating your oven as hot as it will go – at least 250C
2. Place your pizza base on a baking tray and build your pizza with the base smooth side up. Start by spreading on tomato paste, followed by layerings of pulled pork, onion and capsicum and a sprinkle of chilli and grated cheese.
3. Reduce your oven temperature to 225C and bake until the base is crisp and cheese is melted (about 10-15 minutes).
4. Garnish with extra chilli and coriander, slice and enjoy!
*Tip: Pizza stones work fantastic with these bases! If you have one, just heat it up well in the oven while you are building your pizza.