Savoury French Toast
We love this with recipe with any of our loaves or buns but especially with our Larder Project Sunflower & Linseed. The simple addition of pesto takes the recipe to a whole new delicious level!
Ingredients (serves 4)
4 slices of The Larder Project Sesame & Linseed (or your favourite Venerdi loaf or buns!)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup almond milk
Pesto (we love Season’s Vegan Basil Pesto)
1. In a bowl, whisk together 2 eggs with the almond milk.
2. Soak your bread in the egg mixture on both sides for a couple of minutes and heat a the coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
3. Add your soaked bread to the frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. While your french toast is frying, poach the 4 remaining eggs.
4. To serve, smash your avocado on top of your french toast and sprinkle with salt. Add dollops of pesto followed by your poached eggs and enjoy!
Sunflower Seed & Linseed Pancakes
A perfect pancake stack for mum ready in 15 minutes. Our go-to for a sweet brunch that’s full of goodness.
Ingredients (makes 5-6)
180g Sunflower Seed & Raisin Bread Mix (1/2 a pack)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup almond milk
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Melt a teaspoon of coconut oil in a large fry pan over a medium heat.
3. Spoon large spoonfuls of mixture into the fry pan and cook for about 2 minutes on one side until set, then flip and cook for a further 2 minutes.
4. We love them served stacked with coconut yoghurt and fresh berries.
*If your mix gets too thick as it sits, add another dash of almond milk and mix to combine
Classic Salmon Bagels
A fan favourite that is beyond simple to whip up! These toppings are equally delicious on our Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns.
1. Start by slicing your bagels in half a lightly toasting
2. Simply top with a generous spread of cream cheese, followed by the smoked salmon and sliced red onion, sprinkle on the capers, and finish with a generous squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt.