1 x Fancier Sourdough Pizza Base
4 tablespoons tomato paste
200g buffalo mozzarella thinly slices (or your favourite DF cheese)
¼ cup sundried tomatoes
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
2 cups fresh basil leaves
¼ cup toasted pinenuts
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 clove garlic
1. To make the pesto, simply add the basil, pinenuts, lemon juice and garlic to a food processor and blend until a paste forms. While the food processor is running, slowly add in the olive oil then season with salt.
2. Place a metal tray in your oven and preheat to 250C.
3. On the smooth side of your Fancier Sourdough Pizza Base, spread over the tomato paste, sprinkle over slices garlic and season with salt. Evenly place the sliced buffalo mozzarella, followed by the sundried tomatoes.
4. Carefully place the pizza on to the pre heated tray and bake for 8 – 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the base is crispy.
5. Remove from the oven and generously dollop the basil pesto all over. Let it settle for a couple of minutes, serve and enjoy!
Tip: You want to ensure your tray is nice and hot before sliding on your pizza for baking, this is what is going to give you an extra crispy. Half way through the cook, turn your pizza 180 degrees to get that even bake and golden colour all over.